Grandma is still with us, but hasn't lived in her house for several years. It was kind of hard to watch all the things in her house being sold and sent home with strangers. The weirdest part to me, was that grandma chose to sell all of her belongings. No passing out of favorite chachkis or valuables to family. If we wanted something of hers, we bid on it like everyone else. So I found it to be emotionally draining.
I wanted to blog this for me. It's not exciting journaling, but its something to remember for me.
Here's grandma at her 90th birthday party

and here we are at her sale
2 comments:
I totally enjoyed this entry Beth. Very touching and I can tell she's close to your heart!
What an important day to record. Hope you were able to get a few things that have meaning for you and yours!
Post a Comment